Bryan Brown – Youth Minister
Bryan’s official title is youth minister, but, like most ministers, he wears a variety of different hats. He has his master’s degree in Christian Ministry and has faithfully served Friendly Avenue as youth minister since 2004. Bryan’s primary focus is on youth and families, but also works closely with our children’s ministry, Leadership Training for Christ (LTC), and oversees our summer youth ministry intern program. In addition to the work mentioned above Bryan, on occasion, preaches on Sunday mornings and teaches our adult classes. Bryan is married to Sheri Brown, and together, they have two lovely children.
- Started attending Friendly in 1996
- Joined the Friendly staff in 2004
- B.A. in Graphic Design, University of South Carolina
- Master’s in Christian Ministry from Harding School of Theology
Willie Costa – Spanish Language Minister
Willie is our Hispanic Minister. He coordinates our church’s efforts to reach out into the Spanish- language community in Guilford County. In addition to his outreach efforts, Willie also preaches for the weekly Spanish-language service, and he works to build community among the Hispanic group at Friendly. Willie grew up in Uruguay, South America, and moved to the United States in 1987.
- Joined the Friendly staff in 2002
- B.A. in Bible and Missions, Abilene Christian University
- Helped start the Hispanic ministry in Forsyth County
Jason Noble – Preaching Minister
Dr. Jason Noble is the Preaching Minister at Friendly Avenue. In addition to preaching and teaching, Jason works closely with the elders, staff and other church leaders to help carry out Friendly’s mission to become a transformed people as we worship God, study His word and serve church and our community. As part of this work, Jason provides direct leadership for adult education, congregational care and community outreach. Jason is married to Dr. Erica Noble, and together, they have four children. Erica and Jason consider themselves partners in life, family and ministry. They have served churches in Texas and North Carolina since 1999.
- Jason joined the Friendly Avenue staff in 2006
- B.A. Christian Ministry from Abilene Christian University, 1999
- Masters of Arts in Christian Ministry, Abilene Christian University, 2001
- Doctorate of Ministry in Preaching and Church Leadership, Carolina Graduate School of Divinity, 2016
Jason is also the author of the following books and resources:
- Wronged and Wounded: What Now? Choosing Forgiveness in a World of Other Options, 2013
- How Big is a Crumb: And Other Poems for Grieving Well, 2014
- A Kingdom Like No Other: A Story for the Hope of New Life, 2014
- Free in Christ: Galatians Teaching Preparation Workbook, 2015
- Preaching Repentance: Luke’s Compelling Vision of the New Life in Christ, 2016
Secretary – Debbie Gilbert
She is affectionately known as the church mom. She answers the phone, helps with the food pantry, and takes care of numerous administrative tasks. She is the person who can help you find what you are looking for, answer your question or get what you need printed.
Started attending Friendly in 1986
Joined the Friendly staff in 1995
Over 20 years of experience serving churches in three states
Custodian – Tammy Kuneff
Tammy has been in charge of custodial services at Friendly for many years, and always makes sure the building is clean and inviting. Tammy is married to Terry, one of our elders.