U-Turns: #1 (Matthew 5:21-32)Dr. Jason Noble, October 15, 2017
Part of the The Sermon on the Mount series, preached at a English Sermons service
Jesus, as our teacher, reminds us, will continue to remind us, and will always call us to the highest standards of righteousness. Those standards are rooted in the very identity of God. They will never change. They can never be changed. We, because of our hard hearts, might try to change them. But Jesus said if we’re going down that road, come back to Him. He is the authoritative voice who will keep the standards where they are. Just because we may not meet the standards, does not mean we can change them; doesn’t mean we should listen to someone else who will allow us to change them. We, as followers of Jesus, listen to Jesus and continue to rely on Him for our right standing before God and our living into holiness in this life.
Jason Noble – Preaching Minister
Dr. Jason Noble is the Preaching Minister at Friendly Avenue. In addition to preaching and teaching, Jason works closely with the elders, staff and other church leaders to help carry out Friendly’s mission to become a transformed people as we worship God, study His word and serve church and our community. As part of this work, Jason provides direct leadership for adult education, congregational care and community outreach. Jason is married to Dr. Erica Noble, and together, they have four children. Erica and Jason consider themselves partners in life, family and ministry. They have served churches in Texas and North Carolina since 1999.
- Jason joined the Friendly Avenue staff in 2006
- B.A. Christian Ministry from Abilene Christian University, 1999
- Masters of Arts in Christian Ministry, Abilene Christian University, 2001
- Doctorate of Ministry in Preaching and Church Leadership, Carolina Graduate School of Divinity, 2016
Jason is also the author of the following books and resources:
- Wronged and Wounded: What Now? Choosing Forgiveness in a World of Other Options, 2013
- How Big is a Crumb: And Other Poems for Grieving Well, 2014
- A Kingdom Like No Other: A Story for the Hope of New Life, 2014
- Free in Christ: Galatians Teaching Preparation Workbook, 2015
- Preaching Repentance: Luke’s Compelling Vision of the New Life in Christ, 2016
|« La Transformación del patriarca||Camino a Egipto||U-Turns: #2 »|